I love this week’s theme for #SundaySupper! The fewer the ingredients the better and to have a bunch of ideas for very tasty meals ALL with only 5 ingredients. I am in heaven!! I will be referring to this list often I’m sure. I am cooking a Feta and Broccoli Frittata. With the feta and broccoli it seems more like a dinner and I love eggs! My daughter loves cracking the eggs. Perfect meal to get the kiddos helping and eating their veggies too, hopefully (crossing fingers).
I found this recipe on My Recipes.com I had to add Bacon Crumbles to the recipe though for a tiny bit of salt on top, seemed like it needed a little bit of pop also.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, finely diced (I added scallions for some color)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper
- 7 large eggs
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- Bacon crumbles (optional)
- In an 8-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add broccoli, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 6 minutes longer.
- Preheat broiler to high and set an oven rack 4 inches from heat source. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs; season with additional salt and pepper. Pour eggs over onion-broccoli mixture, stir to combine, then dot surface with feta. Cook, without stirring, until eggs are set on bottom and beginning to set on top, about 5 minutes. Transfer pan to oven and broil until eggs are set and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
Instagrammed my bacon :) @Kwistin27
Viola a beautiful meal full of healthy ingredients :)
I used a pan that was really big so mine came out more like a skillet dish, but man did the bacon make it. So I guess it would have to count as 6 ingredients…although butter is normally around the house so questionable I suppose ;-)
Dishes in Five Ingredients or Less #SundaySupper
Starving, you open your cupboard in search of a meal. You realize you only have five ingredients: pineapples, peanuts, bananas, applesauce and yogurt. You need to come up with a dish, you’re hungry right? What can you make? Ask the girl raising her hand in the back, yes, you… “How about a fruit salad with a side of applesauce?” Hey, sure why not?!
This week, our amazing #SundaySupper group is contributing recipes featuring Dishes in 5 Ingredients or Less! For those days when you don’t feel like making a complex recipe or maybe you’re on a budget or maybe you really only have five ingredients left!
Join us, September 30th, 2012 as we share our delicious, mouth-watering recipes! Here’s a sneak peak at what everyone is bringing to our #SundaySupper table. Be sure to stay after dinner at 7pm EST as we share our recipes during our #SundaySupper live chat!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!