This sauce is so amazing I had to create a post just for the sauce alone. I made it for my pulled pork sandwiches that I did for #SundaySupper a couple weeks ago, which by the way is featured on tastespotting. My first recipe that was picked 🙂
Anyway, the sauce is soooo incredibly simple. I found it on
THE BBQ SAUCE
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion small diced, preferably Vidalia
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup hot sauce, preferably Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all the ingredients into a large sauce pan and simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes stirring constantly. Remove and let it cool, then blend and pop it in the fridge.
This sauce is amazing!!